Our wedding ministry is focused on members of Christ Church. However, men and women who are active at Christ Church and regularly participate in worship are also welcome to apply! If you are considering whether to conduct your marriage ceremony at Christ Church, we will ask you to engage with us in the following ways:
- Review our Policy on the Redemptive Community & Marriage to determine whether you will qualify for a wedding under the auspices of Christ Church. If so, please proceed with the following steps.
- Attend Worship: We invite you to attend worship services here for 3-4 weeks prior to submitting your application. We want you to find out who we are as a church, so you know the context into which you are entering.
- Submit Application (with deposit and photo): Once your application is received, your date (if available) will be held as pending. For your own sake, please be aware that we are not responsible for reservations that you might make elsewhere which may end up being changed. Please wait until you receive written confirmation before making arrangements.
- Pastoral Interview: Once your application is received, we may set up an initial interview with a pastor. [You may request a pastor on your application; if available, the pastor will be assigned. If not, we will work with you to find a suitable match. If you are unsure of whom you would like, please let us know upfront and we will be happy to help you in your selection.]
- Participate in our Marriage Matters Workshop. This event provides valuable instruction in marriage skills and an opportunity to meet other couples on a similar journey. All engaged couples are invited to attend.
- Fill out an online premarital inventory for both you and your partner.
- Pastoral Counseling Sessions: Meet with your assigned pastor to discuss the Prepare inventory and to plan the wedding ceremony. (3-6 sessions)
- Attend Christ Church worship services during the time of your engagement and look for ways to become involved in the life of the church. We want to be a resource to you over the long haul of your relationship, not just at the beginning.
- If previously divorced: If you have been divorced, we ask that there be at least a one year waiting period between the time of the divorce and your wedding. In addition, we ask that you attend a divorce recovery program.
- Role of Faith: Most importantly, we will ask you to do some serious reflection and discussion regarding the role Jesus Christ plays in your life; your commitment to follow him in your marriage; and ways that you might nurture and encourage your faith in your marriage. We will want to know that you can subscribe in both principle and practice to the Christian concepts for marriage.
- Time Needed: In order to insure that we have adequate time to walk through all these steps we ask that a minimum of six months be given to fulfill all the requirements.
We as a church and staff believe we have a responsibility, before God, to prepare men and women for a marriage that will last a lifetime. Christ Church wants to help break the cycle of divorce that plagues our culture. We also want to get to know you and have you get to know us. We believe that marriages thrive when faith is alive and when a couple is vitally linked to a faith community.
For more information, please email Susan Mech, firstname.lastname@example.org